The City of Tampere organised an open international ideas competition regarding the Hiedanranta city district in 2016. The results were published in January 2017.
The competition area comprised the new Hiedanranta area, as well as parts of the present-day Lielahti area and Näsijärvi shore area. The location of the competition area between the Lielahti district centre and the Tampere city centre enables the development of Hiedanranta into a significant lakeside district linking the western parts of Tampere with the city centre.
The objective of the Hiedanranta ideas competition was to shape the area into a future city district with an urban, dense structure and an adaptable, green and low-carbon character. The competition entries were also expected to provide solutions for areal sustainability.
The jury decided to award the prizes as follows:
- Shared 2nd prize (€80 000) to proposal no. 10, Hiedanrannan Innovaatiolahti
- Shared 2nd prize (€80 000) to proposal no. 16, REFLECTING TRE
- The 3rd prize (€30 000) to proposal no. 19, FRENCH LINE
- Purchase (€15 000) of proposal no. 1, Hiedanranta Watermarks
- Purchase (€15 000) of proposal no. 32, Tampere Bay City
- Honorary mention to proposal no. 2, Hybrid City
- Honorary mention to proposal no. 4 C-duuri
- Honorary mention to proposal no. 33, There’s a New Town in the City.
Read more: Evalution minutes.